The OMI Basic Electrologist Training Program provides instruction for professional electrologist trainees that simply cannot be found anywhere else. This program addresses both the practical and theoretical skills necessary to excel in the field of electrology, and includes a series of training sessions that integrate the concepts of quality client service with exceptional professionalism.
The workshop themes in the OMI Basic Electrologist Training Program include a comprehensive overview of the theory, concepts and information required to approach electrology as a knowledgeable professional. This Program also provides extensive opportunities to practice your skills and receive feedback under a trained professional in the field.
Acquiring the knowledge and skills to become a trained electrologist requires commitment. To that end, OMI Medical Inc. is always committed to providing you with top-quality training materials, to being responsive to individuals’ needs, and to ensuring exceptional instructional achievement.
This OMI Electrologist Training Program is designed to meet your immediate needs in training as an electrologist and to serve as an integral part of your career development. We wish you success in this challenging program.
Theory Training Program Guidelines:
There are a total of 10 modules in this training program. At the end of modules 1 to 8 a quiz must be completed and passed in order to access the next module. There will be a final exam to be completed and passed after Module 10 for a successful completion of the Basic Electrolysis Theory Training.
Topics Covered in the Basic Electrolysis Theory Training Program:
- History of Electrolysis
- Basic Dermatology
- The Use of the Filament
- Causes of Hair Growth
- Bacteriology and Sterilization
- Analysis of the Skin
- Role of the Electrologist
- The Consultation Process
- Treating Special Areas
- Advice to the Client
- Basic Electricity
- Machine Settings
At the end of this program, the successful participant will be able to demonstrate:
- The history of permanent hair removal
- Understand the basic structure of the skin and hair removal theory
- Understand the practical theory of effective hair removal methods
- Have an increased understanding of the professional requirements of running and operating an independent hair removal practice
The passing grade required for this training program is 80% and up, this is the required grade for all the module quizzes and final exam.
Each student will be given 6 months online access to complete the theory training program.
Upon successful completion of this program the student will receive theoretical certification from OMI Medical Inc. on OMI Basic Electrolysis Theory Hair Removal.
Please Note: This Basic Electrolysis Theory Certificate is a prerequisite to take the Advanced Electrolysis Theory Hair Removal Training program prior to taking the Practical Training.
Electrolysis Basic/Advanced Hair Removal Practical Training Program
The OMI Basic/Advanced Hair Removal Practical Training Program consists of 6 levels and is structured for individual development. A level system ranging from level 1 to level 6 where you will be writing your practical final examination including a complete consultation. The student must attain an 80% and up passing grade in order to be fully certified as an OMI Medical Inc. Electrologist Hair Removal Technologist.
Outline for OMI Electrolysis Practical Program
- Complete client file and forms
- Pre/Post Treatment Care
- Introduction to Hand/Eye Movement with Probe and Lemon
- Sterilization & Disinfectants
- Machine Settings
- Positioning Client/Operator/Equipment
- Treatment of All Body Parts
- Scheduling & Appointment Book
- Electrolysis Treatment
- Methods of Desensitization
- How to Treat Sensitive Areas
- Controlling your Practice
- Equipment/Supplies to Open a Business
- Kit – Probe Holder-Forceps – Filaments
Life & Death of a Hair by Nicolette Oakwell-Morgan
- To purchase the hardcopy or eBook version of the book, CLICK HERE
- Nicolette’s Notebooks by Nicolette Oakwell-Morgan- Click Here to Purchase
- Basic Electrolysis Theory Workbook by OMI Medical Inc – Click Here to Purchase
- This spiral workbook is a hardcopy version of the Basic Electrolysis Hair Removal Theory Training Program for a lifetime reference
Registration Policy – You will be given 6 months to complete the theory online portion and write the exam. You have 2 attempts to complete the exam successfully. No access will be given after this time. For any questions please email [email protected]
OMI Basic Electrolysis Training Theory can be applied to all electrolysis equipment used for hair removal.
Numerous electrolysis machines are now available by various manufacturers Internationally.
Refer to your Operational Manual provided by your electrolysis machine manufacturer for guidelines when selecting suggested settings.
Application of electrolysis hair removal treatment when treating all body parts for women and men can be used as noted in The Treatment Session Module 7 and Module 8 Treating Special Areas of your workbook. (confirm with your Operational Manual when using manual, automatic and computerized settings).