The OMI Advanced Electrologist Training Program addresses the advanced skills and concepts required to practice as a professional electrologist.
Important elements include a unique combination of theory and practical skill development that is not available anywhere else. Quality service to the client and professionalism are integrating themes throughout this series of training sessions.
You will also have extensive opportunities to understand the advanced skills required of an electrologist. The top-quality training materials and instruction that are crucial to this program will help you accomplish your professional goals as an OMI – trained electrologist.
We hope that this skill-development program will meet your immediate needs and become an integral part of your career development. We wish you success in this challenging program.
Theory Training Program Guidelines
There are a total of 10 modules in this training program. At the end of modules 1 to 8 a quiz must be completed and passed in order to access the next module. There will be a final exam to be completed and passed after Module 10 for a successful completion of the Advanced Electrolysis Theory Training.
Topics Covered in the Advanced Electrolysis Theory Training Program
- The Blend
- Professional Conduct & Stress Management
- Time Management &
- Setting Up
- The Effective Consultation
At the end of this program, the successful participant will be able to demonstrate:
- The history of permanent hair removal
- Understand the advanced structure of the skin and hair removal theory
- Understand the practical theory of effective hair removal methods
- Have an increased understanding of the professional requirements of running and operating an independent hair removal practice
The passing grade required for this training program is 80% and up, this is the required grade for all the module quizzes and final exam.
Each student will be given 6 months online access to complete the theory training program.
Upon successful completion of this program the student will receive theoretical certification from OMI Medical Inc. on OMI Advanced Electrolysis Theory Hair Removal.
Please Note: This Advanced Electrolysis Theory Certificate is a prerequisite to take the Basic/Advanced Electrolysis Practical Hair Removal Training Program.
Electrolysis Basic/Advanced Hair Removal Practical Training Program
The OMI Basic/Advanced Hair Removal Practical Training Program consists of 6 levels and is structured for individual development. A level system ranging from level 1 to level 6 where you will be writing your practical final examination which includes a complete consultation. The student must attain an 80% and up passing grade in order to be fully certified as an OMI Medical Inc. Electrologist Hair Removal Technologist.
Outline for OMI Electrolysis Practical Program
- Complete client file and forms
- Pre/Post Treatment Care
- Introduction to Hand/Eye Movement with Probe and Lemon
- Sterilization & Disinfectants
- Machine Settings
- Positioning Client/Operator/Equipment
- Treatment of All Body Parts
- Scheduling & Appointment Book
- Electrolysis Treatment
- Methods of Desensitization
- How to Treat Sensitive Areas
- Controlling your Practice
- Equipment/Supplies to Open a Business
- Kit – Probe Holder-Forceps – Filaments
Life & Death of a Hair by Nicolette Oakwell-Morgan
- CLICK HERE to purchase the hardcopy or eBook version of the book.
Nicolette’s Notebooks by Nicolette Oakwell-Morgan
- CLICK HERE to purchase the collection on Amazon.
Advanced Electrolysis Theory Workbook by OMI Medical Inc
This spiral workbook is a hardcopy version of the Advanced Electrolysis Hair Removal Theory Training Program for a lifetime reference
- CLICK HERE to purchase the Advanced Electrolysis Theory Workbook
Registration Policy – You will be given 6 months to complete the theory online portion and write the exam. You have 2 attempts to complete the exam successfully. No access will be given after this time. For any questions please email [email protected]
OMI Advanced Electrolysis Training Theory can be applied to all electrolysis equipment used for hair removal.
Numerous electrolysis machines are now available by various manufacturers Internationally.
Refer to your Operational Manual provided by your electrolysis machine manufacturer for guidelines when selecting suggested settings.
Application of electrolysis hair removal treatment when treating all body parts for women and men can be used as noted in Module 3, 4 and 5 of your workbook. Confirm with your Operational Manual when using manual, automatic and computerized settings.